Although Abiding Hope Lutheran Church of Erie, Pennsylvania is just 15 years old, the history of God’s gracious presence in our midst stretches back more than a century.
In 1896, Luther Memorial Church gave of their time and resources to establish a missionary congregation to be known as Zion’s Lutheran Church. Located at Liberty and Brown Ave. it ministered to the neighborhood for over 100 years.
In 1955, Saint Matthew’s Lutheran Church gave of their time and resources to establish a missionary congregation to be known as Our Savior’s Lutheran Church. It continued under that name until 2002.
At that time Zion and Our Savior consolidated under the name Abiding Hope Lutheran Church at the Our Savior location. In 2007 a major expansion took place with the addition of a new worship space and offices.
The merger and construction project took place under the tenure of Pastor John Coleman who left in late 2015 to answer a call in Greenville PA.
In 2014, the congregation accepted an offer from LECOM to purchase the Peach Street land and building. Abiding Hope moved to her new location at 2402 West Grandview Blvd. in September of 2016.
There we continue the path that God started us on so long ago. We’re praying that God will give us the wisdom, energy and insight needed to live out our abiding hope: “to be a loving family, living the faith, sharing the hope of Christ”
2402 W. Grandview Blvd.
Erie, PA 16506
Renaud-Peck Awarded Commercial Development Award for Abiding Hope
The Builders Association of Northwestern Pennsylvania awarded Renaud-Peck the Commercial Development & Project Management award for the Abiding Hope's new building on W. Grandview Blvd. Congratulations on a job well done.